Uncreated One (By Chris Tomlin) Holy Uncreated One Your beauty fills the skies But the glory of Your majesty Is the mercy in Your eyes Worthy Uncreated One From heaven to earth come down You laid aside Your royalty To wear the sinner’s crown O Great God, be glorified Our lives laid down Yours magnified O Great God, be lifted high There is none like You Jesus, Savior, God’s own Son Risen, reigning Lord Sustainer of the universe By the power of Your word Chorus: O Great God, be glorified Our lives laid down Yours magnified O Great God, be lifted high There is none like You There is none like You There is none like You When we see Your Matchless face In speechless awe we’ll stand there we’ll bow with grateful hearts Unto the great I Am O Great God, be glorified Our lives laid down Yours magnified O Great God, be lifted high There is none like You There is none... like You There is none like You
I asked the Lord that I might grow In faith, and love, and every grace; Might more of His salvation know, And seek more earnestly His face. I hoped that in some favoured hour At once He'd answer my request, And by His love's constraining power Subdue my sins, and give me rest. Instead of this, He made me feel The hidden evils of my heart; And let the angry powers of hell Assault my soul in every part. Yea more, with His own hand He seemed Intent to aggravate my woe; Crossed all the fair designs I schemed, Blasted my gourds, and laid me low. 'Lord, why this?' I trembled cried, 'Will thou pursue Thy worm to death?' 'I answer prayer for grace and faith. These inward trials I employ From self and pride to set thee free; And break thy schemes of earthly joy, That thou may'st seek thy all in me. -John Newton I read this in 'Knowing God' by J.I Packer after talking with a friend who's going through a rough patch. The hymn really hit the nail on the...
Last Saturday, we celebrated my grandma's birthday with a nice buffet spread. My grandma is 80+ plus years.. she is a dearie to me. She took care of me since I was young. She called me "Baby!!" till I started Primary School(I had to remind her that I was no longer one haa ;p) My grandma taught me how to cook, sweep the floor and do marketing. She insists that girls must know all these things. (And you can guess she does not insist boys do the same arrghh) Two weeks ago, one of my friends burned a CD containing Hokkien Christian songs and asked me to pass to her. I procrastinated for a couple of weeks, as I expected rejection. Perhaps it is not very appropriate I thought. But I decided to try anywayz, by faith. Finally, last Saturday I brought the CD and my CD player,taught her how to on and off the CD player and there she was- listening to the songs! She was even singing along my goodness...praise the Lord! She even asked my brother later how to repeat a certain t...
Comments