Aunty Milly

After the evening service in church, my brother and I were at the bus stop and we met a lady called Aunty Milly. She'd just attended the service too and we began talking.

She shared that she attended the evening service because she has to take care of her 94 yr old Mum in the day. And she asked if we were still studying. Cos we looked young to her. As usual I said I'm older than I look and I'm working in Campus Crusade.

"Oh.. Campus Crusade.. When I was younger, a lady came knocking at my door and shared the booklet with me for 10min. I didn't receive Christ then. But you know the Holy Spirit just over time convict my heart. I felt a sharp pain in my body..I just said I need Jesus..but anyway I waited till Christmas day.. midnight of eve you know.. and prayed the prayer in the booklet."

In a sweet, grandmotherly way, she continued in the bus, sharing about how God has been so real in her life.

I'm touched that God used a booklet to touch Aunty Milly's life. And more so, as I hear her journey of following God.

"Now that I'm looking after my Mum, I also have a vision to reach my neighbourhood. Simple things la.. Now there is upgrading, alot of foreign workers around. Get to know more about the neighbours also."

Wow, this is a movement-minded aunty!

As we parted at the bus interchange, I felt warmly encouraged by her life and tenacity and passion for Christ. Hope to see her again next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher