chicken pox

On Fri evening after dinner, as I was watching
TV, I scratched my side and some watery liquid
oozed out. Oh Oh.. the bedbug bites are really
bad I thought. Little did I realize it was
worse. The next morning, I had red watery spots
all over my back n front n face. It's chicken
pox..

I've always thought I was vaccinated against
chicken pox like my father assumed. Cos when
my brother and cousins got it many years back
I was the only one who didn't.

Since last Sat, I had been at home. On the first
few days I was trying trying really hard not
to scratch esp my back. Then subsequently,
I didn't feel anything much except the throbbing
headache. Fever went on and off.

Today is the only day I have not fever..

I've been drinking lots of barley water,
and eating simple food like rice with soup.
I was told a long list of food I can't eat
now, including my favourite chicken..

Time flies and I'm on Pox Day 4. I'm not
complaining really. Cos I'm like so blessed.
When else could I watch TV for 3 hrs in a row?
Hmm or sleep from 9pm to the next morning..

No need to look at the mirror or think
of what to wear cos I'm always at home.

Now's the phase when I can't swallow food
well.. So I look at the food and really feel
like eating it but it's hard to swallow.

Well, it'll only be two weeks..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher