running together

It's an experience one-of-a-kind. Sky's still dark. Everyone in running singlet and shorts. Stretching and tying shoe laces. And start. Crowds of people running along the roads, no cars. And breaking all traffic rules.

21.1K my second year at it. My goal- to finish it with Qingwen. Cos last year I left him hobbling mid-way when he had leg cramps. Sigh. So this year I promised never to leave him behind heh.

We did good for the first half of the journey. But after 12K his legs started aching and cramping so we stopped to stretch n brisk walk. I egged him on, promising Macdonalds after the race. He said it was cheapo but anyway yay we crossed the finishing line!

Sure, I was slower this year. But I learnt what it meant to put someone else's interest before mine. And it's a great experience. The medal I got meant twice more than it did last year.

Praise God for the race! My legs ache but I'm so glad we completed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher