learning to worship

'08 started in a flurry for me. Right after Metamorphosis conference,
school started and ministry rolled. Trainings for students, preparing
for mission trip, meetings, walking through discipleship issues with
them in the midst. On top of that, I began co-leading a new group of
young adults in church. And I started keyboard classes every Thu!

So, I've been reaching home at 1030pm almost every night for the past
three weeks. Tiring!

Last Sat, when my tank was already low, I received news that a couple
whom we've invited for a Couple's Forum could not make it due to a change
in date of our event, which was unforeseen as well.

I prayed and before I could say amen quickly called another couple I knew.
No one answered. Desperate.

God must have been nudging me hard this time. I put down my handphone,
prayed, and played on my keyboard the only chorus I knew.

"Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that You're my Lord.."

I surrendered my desires, control and desperation to Him, felt His peace
and assurance that He will make the Couple's Forum happen or show me what
to do.

In the afternoon, my friend whom I was trying to contact called. I explained
the situation and 10min later, they agreed to come! (And I know they are busy!)

At that moment, I felt so thankful and so free cos I know God is in control and He did it, yay!

Learning to worship Him not just with the keyboard, but with my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher