Thots of Good Friday @Sunday School


Yesterday in church we had Good Friday program for the Sunday School.  The highlight was a 20min showing of movie clip "Narnia Chronicles" followed by group discussions and presentations.  I didn't know if it was a good idea.  But I thought it'd be an interesting way to remember the significance of the cross and resurrection.

I thought it turned out alright but I thought what might have made it better were:
1. Prayer - We didn't really pray alot abt it.
2. A pre-listing of similarities for the teachers- to help them as they guide the group discussions.
3. Reflection time- for personal response

I realized it is not so easy to engage the 11-18year olds, many of whom are still grappling with identity issues and perhaps their place as kids born in Christian families.  How do they like to be approached?  how to we get responses from them?  I hope I could learn more about how to connect with them.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher