28 weeks.

It's been about 7 months.  Pregnancy, like my cousin told me "is over quite soon", and I didn't quite get it at first. Looking forward, I realise there's just about two months more before I'd see Kayla!

So I thought I should recall and note some things about pregnancy (both matter of facts and surprises) before I forget them altogether.


  • The most common questions I get and find it a little tiring to keep answering is, "Is it a boy or girl?  Have you thought of her name?" 
  • I never thought I'd get a maternal swim suit and swim with my baby in me!
  • I love to wear those black, soft swishy pants that wrap around my belly nicely.
  • I don't really expect people to give up their seats on the MRT and buses but off on and they do, and I'm embarrassed about it!
  • It took me about 4-5 months of pregnancy to really get into the baby details - what I need to do, get, eat. 
  • I look forward to Qingwen talking and morse-coding to the baby every night:)
  • I learnt especially these few months to pray for my unborn baby and also to pray with Qingwen.
  • On my worst days, I feel ugly and fat.  On my best, I'm so beautifully clumsy and round.
Ha can't help laughing at myself with this list of things I went through the past few months.  There's more which I've forgotten - a significant part of pregnancy - absent minded-ness.

Through it all, I'm very amazed what God is doing inside me - forming the baby and growing her.  I know she's developing a personality and character - from those kicks and movements, the things I like to eat now and don't. 

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Ps 139:13-14


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher