count it as rubbish

"But whatever things gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ." Phil 3:7

Paul has certainly wrote something that is hard to do. I thought I made it..having joined staff and letting go of possible better 'prospects' out there. But wait, not really. Today, I was so frustrated when my aunty asked me to look for another job. Hehz this is the upteenth time I heard this. Oh God, when will this end? There's no mistake about her rationale along with many others'. I'm feel I'm really going against like 3/4 of the world. They don't understand, they misunderstand.

"Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." 2Tim 2:3-4

Indeed, the road of following His call is hard. Now I'm learning it why Paul used the analogy of a soldier. Sometimes I feel like a muddy, green and tired figure panting and running for life.

"For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen, for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Cor 4:17-18

Wow, the ultimate encouragement and reminder for me. Indeed, I must set my eyes on things UNSEEN, my reward is not here on earth but in heaven. In fact, life is short as we all hear and say it cliche-ly but if it is really so, then it is worth the pain and hurt now of living it for Christ and through Him. Cos maybe when I meet up with my family in heaven (I pray very hard I find them there) I can imagine hearing myself sigh with relief that it's been all worth the fight, the run and whatever it took...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher