A gift to us

Before we catch Lion King @MBS
I'm a lazy writer.  Can't believe my last post was in Jan!  So much has happened since then.  1. I've celebrated my big 30. 2. I'm pregnant.  3. Life will turn 180 degrees come next Feb

Yes it's been a roller coaster ride since the two lines I saw at the end of May.  We saw a gynae in early May to have a body check up, cos I felt paranoid about my bad menstrual cramps that landed me in cold sweat, vomiting and diarrhoea sometimes.  The gynae pronounced me in good shape and predicted we should be able to conceive in six months time.  But no, it happened right away.

Fast forward, it's been 4 months since.  Life definitely has changed for me.  I'm no where near efficient in anything - ministry or housework.  I get frustrated about it but at the same time it has forced me to appreciate the help of others more, to enjoy the grace of God more than before.

Our relationship underwent changes too - we didn't manage to go on any date for the first three months and only at the fourth we managed to watch the famed Lion King Musical @Marina Bay Sands in which we set foot the first time!  I realise how precious our couple dates are more than before - as my tummy grows and we near the time where the common topic will be our kid, and our time arranged around her.

Yes, we are having a girl!  And Qingwen is delighted.  So is my Dad and brother to my surprise.  I had wished for a boy at first, maybe quite in a fashion to please my parents and in-laws. But I'm loving the idea of an adorable girl now, whom I'm looking forward to share a journey of girl- lady with.

Thus far is pregnancy well for me, albeit the frequent dips of energy.  I could not have imagined the amount of preparation for her - the worries and anxiety as well.  And I believe all that is possible only because God has given.  And she is God's promise  to us.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher