A River met a Mountain

A River Met a Mountain

A river met a mountain, there wasn’t much to say

The river said, ‘I’m flowing on,’ the mountain said, ‘I’m here to stay.’

So the two collided in a clear, midsummer spray,

And the mountain thought the river was afraid.

The mountain told the river that he had to go around;

He said how things had always been, and nothing could change them now.

The river answered silently, as the mountain stood his ground;

The river kept on flowing slowly down.

I want to flow, I want to flow.

I want to flow like a river through this life.

The mountain mocked the river as the two stood face to face,

But silently through centuries the river kept its pace

Till all unchangeability that he’d heard of was erased.

Where a mountain’d stood, a valley took its place.

Cause the river knew a simple truth that the mountain never heard;

He knew a river’s journey’s true if its Source is pure

And when the rain from Heaven comes, you can hear the river roar

And it can shake a mighty mountain to the core.

See life is like a valley that we’re all flowing through,

And there are many mountains here who say we can’t intrude.

And if we believe their lies, I guess that makes them true,

But breaking through is what I choose to do,

Yes breaking through is what I choose to do.

A river met a mountain; there wasn’t much to say.

The mountain was a fortress, but the water made a way.

(Andy Cloninger)

Here is a poem that enouraged me to keep praying. In life, there will be many mountains of difficulty. Mt Money, Mt Relationship, Mt Work, Mt Time..whatever it is, i pray i'll be like the river -persistently and continuously pushing ahead with the certainty and assurance that God is with me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher