'Hesed' way of life

After Women's Conference, I ran a fever and a Gen 12II meeting at the same time. Thank God the fever is gone now and the meeting was fruitful! I learnt many precious lessons from the lives of close to 200 women at the conference. We heard from many inspiring women-Judy Douglas, Andrea Buczynski, and Dr Kim who expounded on the book of Ruth-another woman whom I had learnt much from. In the bible, Ruth was a Moabite whom clung on to her mother-in-law Naomi. She believed in and served Yah Weh. She lived a life of 'Hesed'- Loving Kindness- and one aspect of it is living life beyond and above what is expected. It inspires me to know that I can live life "surpassingly."

One area that comes to mind in living "surpassingly" is that of missions. I'm going to Laos this March, along with 6 other young and fun-loving Poly students and 3 other adults. As time nears, and support raising gets tougher, my heart gets more excited but also more fearful. Will we be really able to teach English to the kids? Can we survive the 9 days in Laos?

My prayer is that I will "just do it" knowing that God is with me and the team. Honestly, I will never feel completely prepared. So well, here is my first application of living life the Hesed way.

Before I left for the conference, I received a T-shirt from a friend. She chose it, (while I paid for it) It had the verse Jer 29:11. I heard this verse again in one of the messages and during prayer time, I heard it again. I can't miss the fact that God was assuring me that He knows and has the best plans for me. And that was tremendous comfort for me as I struggle with some worries that won't go away.

A friend asked me what my passion in life is. After some thought, I replied, "I think it's God." Yupz I can't get over the fact that He loves me and He has the best plans for me.

Comments

Winnie Joy said…
Yes, indeed, we are delighted at the thought of knowing that God is our beloved and we are His! May you continue to grow deep and live out the Hesed way of Life! Thanks dear Irene for your encouragement... I've finally started my new Blog. Will still need to learn from you lots more... Cheers to our friendship!
Anonymous said…
i was here,was wondering where you bought the jeremiah 29:11 t-shirt?
Irene said…
you can visit www.loudhailer.com.sg
Anonymous said…
thanks irene and God bless

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher