cancer

I visited Aunty today. She looks paler than a few months ago.
More swollen, less hair on her head. As she woke from her
nap and saw me, she asked the maid to help her turn her body.

And we talked. I'm glad at least she is still hopeful. I'm amazed
in fact by her optimism. Her eyes are still lively. She praised the
maid, appreciated her daughters and talked about her visits to the hospital.

I really admire her perserverence. While losing her bodily functions
she still hangs on to life, relationships, herself. But not God. Yet.

With a wistful smile she told me she doesn't want her daughter to get
married yet, she will miss her too much. As I left, I thought I need to
do two things on my next visit. Get a Cai Qin CD and learn to pray in
Chinese.

Comments

dreamy_panda said…
gosh... take care... will be keeping u and ur family in prayers. how is u and ur family taking it? do lemme know if there's anything that can be done to help...
Qingwen & Irene said…
Maybe we can visit her together the next time. Does she speak Teochew?

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher