in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher

When I first saw Christopher 2 years ago, he was staring at a computer in GCTC. That was before I joined Campus Cruasde as a STINTer. He was one of those who egged me on to join staff. And he was really very happy when I finally did. He told me that when he first saw me, he got the feeling I would join staff. "Nothing happens for no reason." He said, and I laughed. I was glad that we were batch mates on STINT.

In time, I got to know that he was attached to Winnie, a fellow staff. He shared with me while on the bus one day how he got to know her and became boy-girl friends. Though I never felt Christopher was a romantic guy,he was definitely very serious about romance. "I chose to love Winnie, love is a choice."

Christopher has always been someone I could talk to on a heart level. His sincere and pure heart meant I could share freely with him. He was almost always cheerful in every circumstance. It must be joy from the Lord.

Last year, Christopher was diagnosed to be suffering from luekemia. Though sad, I was hopeful that he will recover. In my naviety, I thought even if chemotherapy didn't work, he can still have a bone marrow transplant from his twin brother. Shouldn't be a prob. But I'm wrong. He passed away yesterday morning, after battling with luekemia for a year.

I still remember a few weeks ago prior my mission trip, Christopher helped us with a coach appreciation video. He was so willing to help, even though it was an "extra" thing to do. Once I even asked him to meet me at 9pm just to pass me a video cassette I've forgotten to take from GCTC!

Christopher taught me to live humbly and joyfully in the Lord. He showed love for fellow brothers and sisters with his words and actions, even in the midst of pain and suffering. He was always thoughtful about others' needs. This really inspires me to choose to love others!

If I could see you before you left us, I want to tell you that I appreciate and love you a s a bro in Christ very much. But now that you've gone to be with the Lord, I will just look forward to see you when I get there. Adieu bro, for a while:)

Comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Well.. so much so from life, all man cannot escape from the face of death right? I believe that this temporary departure is something of how I feel like when you are leaving us for mission trip. Hmm... well, although very un-bearable but i still hope that you will be glad that he is now in the hands of the Lord ya? Why not see it as a point that he is in Heaven fellowshipping and enjoy with God and being able to break free from this sinful body and temptation from satan. Do hope you will continue that smile (although very hard =) ) , and remember that he is always on the look out for you ya?

May the Lord's blessing be with you and hope you will recover soong ya? **WInkZz** BEst regard, Simon (You Gloden hair disciple)
T1nGz said…
hey gurl..even though i personally do not know christopher, but i am sure that he certainly loves God with all his heart. i look forward to the day when we could join him in heaven and rejoice together! yupps. take (isaiah 57:1-2) as an encouragement yeah? now i finally understood why God revealed this verse to me on the train this morning.." The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart, devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.Those who walk uprightly enter into peace, they find rest as they lie in death." take care girl. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life