Why Dogs

Recently I watched 10 Promises to my Dog, read "Marley and Me" and I look at the dogs passing me as I jog. Truth is, I lived through the lives of 4 dogs since young, and never ever really liked them. 2 were pugs. Like that:
I was about 7 when the first one joined my family and I didn't like it. But the second pug came as a surprise when I was in secondary school. It was lost at my block and wandered into the house, looking for a place to pee. It was cute, but fat. We pushed him out of the house after it pee-ed, thinking that the owner might find it. But it was still loitering after 2 days. Sigh so we took him in. Guess his first sleeping place? My school bag. My blue "Umbro" backpack. He looked so much like a pig to me that I named him Ah Fat. He puts his head on my thigh when I do my homework on the floor. And sleeps under my study table. He's snores. Sleeps on his side. And when his nose is itchy, he dives at his towel. He dashes at people with food. Always hungry. And at 6pm sharp, he climbs up my chair, and paws at me to bring him down for walks. After that, I have to clean him up. And the hardest thing to clean, is not his poop, but his mutt - the lines above his nose - like it's always wet and full of muck.

After a few years of overeating, he developed heart problems and passed away. Well thats like the first dog I had a deepest impression of, and the last in my family. I wonder sometimes if I'll have a dog someday. But I know the hard work, dirty stuff and inconveniences of clearing their waste, feeding and caring for them. And the worst is when they fall sick, die at old age sigh

But what i like about them is their carefree, sometimes heck-care attitude and loyal companionship always.. and they don't tell secrets ha;)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher