my birthday on Good Friday

It just happens that my birthday this year falls on Good Friday.
Wow you know..for a while, I thought how special this is. Though I'm really
thankful for my life, especially how I've been "fearfully and wonderfully made"
Ps 139:14, I cannot help but feel sad on Good Friday. Because this is the day that Jesus died.

I remember many years ago, one Thurday afternoon before Good Friday, my primary school teacher who taught us art classes told us that we should be quiet because it was a sad day. Jesus was going to be hung on the next day.

This morning as my pastor preached from the Luke Chapter 23, I'm brought back through time to the cross, where Jesus hung. Stripped, whipped, and hung by nails on the cross, he bore my sins.

"He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not." Isaiah 53:3

Feeling all the pain, injustice, hurt, and perhaps worry and fear he stayed on the cross, till his last breath, till his job was done.

I wondered what kept him there. How impossible and mind-blowing is this act of love!

"We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned his own way and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6

It was for you and me. So that we might live.

O the wonderful cross
O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die
So that I may truly live

How ironic that death brings life. How apt my birthday falls on Good Friday! How His death has brought me life!

And now that I'm alive in Christ,"...I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher