The Third Trimester

Im into the 31st week. Which means around 6-7 weeks to full term (of 37 weeks). The third trimester is proving to be challenging in some ways. I never expected I'd grow to be sensitive to smells- cigarette, feng you, cooked food packets on train. It makes me breathless and nauseas. Tired-ness took on a different meaning from the first trimester. Of course it was exhausting then and nothing like that has ever hit me. This few weeks I've been getting the lethargy, the short spans of energy bursts after which I'm busted for the day. It's been harder to get up, to fall into sleep, to sit or walk for long.

The tummy gets more pronounced, heavier and I'm slower. Usually zonked, I dont respond as much. My mind is active but it doesn't necessarily translate to expressions or words these days.

Somehow there is a desire to get this over and done with- not in a frustrated way but just naturally hoping to see the baby I've been carrying for the past months. I dont wish to be pregnant all the time!

Of course I don't all look forward to life after that- the changes and the challenges scare me when I think about it. Thoughts like what if I don't produce enough milk? What if the baby gets more comfortable with other people than me? There are nagging moments that I often have to brush aside in Jesus'name.

Yesterday the baby cot arrived. After it was set up, a new sense of reality and excitement dawned upon me. Yes she's coming! And it's for real, life is not going to be ever the same with this white cot in my bedroom.

Looking forward, I'm trusting in God's grace as I brace myself for motherhood. It will be hard I think but an experience I'd not regret.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher