Mongolia

in front of a ger, the traditional home

It's been a week plus since I returned from Mongolia. I've never expected to go there, even for a mission trip..well God's ways are higher and better I believe! One of the first things I had to adjust to was the colder weather. It was dry- my lips were cracking and my hands and feet were getting scaly.. I had to put on lots of mosturizing cream.
busy street

Before long I was marveling at the buildings and roads that I did not expect to see in Mongolia. They were Russian style, built when they controlled the country many years ago. I was surprised to hear that all their universities were near one another, lined up along what was the University Street. Coolz..

The people were strange and interesting to me. They spoke in such a queer language that it sounded like Japanese, Malay and Cantonese simultaneously! Hard as we tried, we never really suceeded in speaking it. Yet it did not stop us from sharing the gospel to 90 Mongolian students, out of which 38 received Christ! The hearts in Mongolia are indeed hungry for the Truth.

The Mongolia Campus Crusade is growing at rapid rate. They even have a students' center for their ministry activities! Students meet for bible study regularly besides campus Life Meetings. It is simply encouraging to see God at work in Mongolia!

I got to know many Mongolian friends and also staff. I thank God for every friendship made, some close and others not, but altogether wonderful. It's just so amazing to be bonded by God's love admist many many differences!

awesome mountains

Visiting the countryside was a refreshing experience. Though I had wanted to stay in the apartment with a book to read that day, I'm glad I did not. The mountains were beautiful, the expansive area and fresh air really uplifted my spirits. I'm sure words are not enough to describe the majesty and serenity of the Mongolian mountains. So i'll try to upload some pictures either here or on my photo gallery as soon as possible. I tried riding a horse too, it was really fun!

While I enjoyed my time in Mongolia, I always wanted to come back. I loved the break but I knew there was a lot to be done back at home. I missed ministry and I wanted to work on it as soon as possible. So, I'm really glad to be back.

The trip has allowed me to see a larger vision of what God is doing in the world. His presence with me and the team on the trip has been most precious to me. There is no higher place than to be at His feet.

pretty Mongolian girls

Comments

Anonymous said…
heh, yeah. in between utopia and reality lies a growing minstry.. whatever that means, haha. Godspeed!

jpd
Drew said…
Haha, Jo, why you so chim wan your comment? Anywayz, I got that 'I'm definitely going to come back' feeling too as I was leaving Japan after my mission trip, hehe.
JpD said…
i'm walking into cobwebs.. *whistles*... where is Neo..

Popular posts from this blog

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher