Meeting ex-disciple

The highlight of my day was to meet up with a gal, an ex-student whom I discipled indirectly in the past. She's working now, and I was going to pass her some shoes and blouses that were new but I couldn't wear.

It was great to see her again after a period of time, in a new phase of life. We shared about how we were, the challenges that we had in the past and how they are now. There seemed a sense of continuity. Like discipleship did not end when she graduated. She has become more steady in her faith than when I met her, and even when she just graduated earlier this year.

While she told me about how she chided a dear friend about relationship problems, I can't help but notice that she would never do that in the past.

It was a short chat. Before we parted, I told her to read Rom 12:1-2 and pray about serving in an area in church. She took the stuff from me and left. I felt encouraged, maybe because someone God brought to my path to disciple a few years ago is still gaining strength in her walk with God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher