Closing a chapter of my life

Sharing a devotion @AGM

I must be one of those whom cannot stop working after I officially retire.  At four and a half months of pregnancy, my mind is really still all about work and ministry.  I can't let go yet I know, at least emotionally.

It has been coming to 8 years on staff.  I've been burnt out before, discouraged and disappointed at some point in time.  But I've experienced the most wonderful things of my life during this period as well - finding good friends, getting married and having my own home, and learning about leadership.

But changes are part of life and God has graciously moved me along to a new phase of life called motherhood.  I'd have to put down what I've held on dearly - the heated and passionate discussions with my staff friends about ministry, challenging of students to follow Jesus, the little adventures each day brings on campus.  

In this very midst of changes, I know God is drawing me into a deeper road with Him - 'a pilgrimage of surrender' - as Pastor Edmund Chan puts it.  My heart is acutely aware of the impending departure and surrender but at the same time the arrival of something new and wonderful.  Literally I know, but also more intangibly in the journey of my soul.

A new experience and season awaits.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher