Making room for God

Honestly, I did not look forward to the staff meeting this morning cos it was the Day of Prayer (day set aside to pray for our Singapore ministry). I dragged myself out of bed after a fitful & insufficient sleep. Then took an almost 2hr journey to GCTC.

But what a pleasant surprise when I arrived, cos we were told to spend some personal time in prayer at different prayer "rooms". A question on a sheet of paper given struck me, "Do you want to have Him to settle down and be perfectly at home?"

I realised at that instant how crowded my heart was with concerns, worries and anxieties. And how much I needed to make room for God. As I prayed in the various rooms with different emphasis but all about my heart, I just increasingly felt "lighter". In one of the rooms called "The Study, The Hall Closet", I prayed to lay down what worried me and trust God to carry my burdens.

In another room called "The Dining Room" a small compass lay on the world map. A few other magnets were placed around the compass. And I read the short text that described the other magnets affecting the "True North" shown by compass. I realised that I could be very easily distracted by the "False Norths".

I was reminded of the need to spend quality time with God so that I could see where I'm heading and keep on track.


It was a meaningful and needed time for me to pray. I left feeling a lot "roomier" for God's work in my heart.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You write well Irene.
Your blog is a blessing. : )
Irene said…
Hey Mei Yen! How are you?
Thanks:)

Popular posts from this blog

Mongolia

'Hesed' way of life

in remembrance of my dear bro-Christopher